Monday, November 30, 2009

Final Project

This is the website for the virtual tour. It has a lot of really great information and pictures.
http://www.europeanvirtualmuseum.net/virtual_museum/virtual_museum.asp?lingua=en&tab=0

http://worldhistorymuseumtour.wikispaces.com/ This is the lesson that I devised for the wiki. I have to say that nothing wanted to work for me. It was quite complicated figuring out how to link my page to the words "Virtual Field Trips" under the label of social studies. I never could find the first screencast you talked about in the second screencast. Everytime I went through the left hand tool bar on your Teaching with Technology website it said the page was under construction.

http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ASe7EJ1t5CiJZGduM2d0bWZfMTIyNjQ4OGZw&hl=en

This is the lesson plan that includes the screenshot of the museum website.

I never could figure out how I was supposed to create an artifact using the museum website. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Kara, sorry you had so much trouble. I have added the missing screencast and double-checked the links. Is the link you are referring to still broken? Which one is it? If you can let me know, I'll fix it. Sorry about that.

    Your lesson plan and idea is great! I love you how you coach them through what to look for in the tour. The only thing missing is the artifact. You actually explained yourself what you could do: "you will present the artifact to the class. The presentation must include the following:
    Name of the artifact
    Period of the artifact
    Where the artifact comes from
    What the artifact was used for
    How the artifact is typical of the time period
    Why the artifact is valuable
    Anything else interesting about the artifact.
    You may present this however you wish. However, the presentation must take at least 4 minutes and both partners must participate equally. You must also include a picture of your artifact.:

    So for your project, just create a sample presentation (maybe in PPT) of what you would expect the students to do, and then upload that with your lesson plan to our class wiki.

    If you have any questions, be sure to email me, and I'm happy to help.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete